What is AUTOSAR Development Partnership and AUTOSAR MCAL Layer
AUTOSAR Development Partnership
AUTOSAR, which stands for AUTomotive Open System Architecture, is a partnership at a global scale between Automotive OEMs, Tier-I suppliers, semiconductor vendors, embedded hardware design houses and embedded software engineering service providers
This worldwide strong partnership has its roots in one common belief – “Cooperate on standards, compete on implementation” as mentioned in the AUTOSAR charter.
Goals of the AUTOSAR Development Partnership
- Standardization of basic software functionality of automotive ECUs
- Scalability to different vehicle and platform variants
- Transferability of embedded software
- Support of different functional domains
- Definition of an open AUTOSAR architecture
- Collaboration between various embedded partners
- Development of highly dependable systems
- Support of applicable automotive international standards and state-of-the-art technologies
(Adapted from www.autosar[dot]org)
What is AUTOSAR MCAL Layer?
MCAL (Microcontroller Abstraction Layer), conforming to the microcontroller abstraction layer of AUTOSAR specifications, is the driver module of the infrastructure software. MCAL realizes notification mechanism to support instruction, response and information distribution to different processes. The main components are DIO, ADC, PWM, PWD, EEP, FLS, CCU, WDT, SPI, IIC etc.
(Source – www.automotivetechis.wordpress.com)
Learn more about the software architecture, device drivers and tools configuration related to AUTOSAR MCAL (Microcontroller Abstraction Layer).
Related Posts on AUTOSAR Software Development
- AUTOSAR Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL): Learn about the fundamentals of the MCAL layer from our AUTOSAR team. Know more about the various device drivers and the layered architecture of the AUTOSAR MCAL. And get the details about how the Microcontroller Abstraction Layer (MCAL) works
- AUTOSAR Communication Stack (ComStack): Our AUTOSAR development team explains what are the different software modules of a Communication Stack (ComStack). Also, learn about the software modules of CAN based Communication Stack in AUTOSAR
- AUTOSAR Memory Stack (MemStack): Get introduced to the various software modules of AUTOSAR Memory Stack (MemStack) that provide basic memory management services to the upper layers. Our AUTOSAR development team shares the basics of AUTOSAR 3.0 and 4.0
AUTOSAR Migration Services | AUTOSAR MCAL Drivers Development Services
As a CMMI Level 3 organization, we, at Embitel Technologies, have partnered with global customers and gained extensive project experience and in-depth understanding of the AUTOSAR standard.
We have also developed a robust implementation and quality model – the EmbiQ Model.
How can we add value to your AUTOSAR roadmap? See our service offerings:
AUTOSAR MCAL Services
RTE, BSW integration
Application Layer – MBD and implementation
For more details, you can refer to this link – AUTOSAR Service Offerings
Also check our AUTOSAR customer success stories: MCAL development and testing for a Freescale Power PC Controller (MPC5554) based system
More Details of our AUTOSAR Service Offerings:
AUTOSAR Migration Strategy
Technical and business workshops to analyze your product roadmaps and assessment of AUTOSAR migration strategy across product lines
RTE and BSW integration
Integration of RTE (Run-time environment) and AUTOSAR BSW stack (basic software) with the application.
Embedded Platform(s) consulting
Technical assessment and evaluation of embedded platforms across product linesto identify the one best suited for the customer’s applications
Application Layer – MBD and implementation
Model-Based Development (AUTOSAR, DaVinci Developer) and logic implementation for application layer of the AUTOSAR Software Stack
AUTOSAR MCAL Drivers – Development, code generation and testing
- Development of Microcontroller Drivers (MCU, GPT), Communication Drivers (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, MOST), I/O Drivers (ICU, PWM, ADC, PORT)
- Code generation for all the standard tools
- Automated MIL and SIL testing of the AUTOSAR MCAL(Microcontroller Abstraction Layer) drivers
AUTOSAR Tools – Configuration and Code Generation
- Configuration and code generation (exe file) for Comasso, Vector , ECU Spectrum, KSAR AUTOSAR.
- DaVinci Developer tool for AUTOSAR software architecture design
- Expertise in Code generation tools based on Pearl and Python.
What is AUTOSAR Layered Architecture?
AUTOSAR uses a three-layered architecture:
- Basic Software (AUTOSAR BSW): Basic Software is the standardized software layer, which provides services to the AUTOSAR Software Components and is necessary to run the functional part of the software. It does not fulfill any functional job itself and is situated below the AUTOSAR RTE (Runtime Environment). The Basic Software contains standardized and ECU specific modules.
- Runtime environment (AUTOSAR RTE): Middleware which abstracts from the network topology for the inter- and intra-ECU information exchange between the application software components and between the Basic Software (BSW) and the applications.
- Application Layer: application software components that interact with the runtime environment (RTE).
Source – AUTOSAR.org
ASK OUR EXPERTS
Car HUD (Heads-up Display)
Go-to-market in 6 months with our automotive grade hardware and software design
Automotive Control Units
Electronic Control Units (ECU) development services for Body Control Modules (BCM), Powertrain, Chassis and Infotainment
AUTOSAR Software Services
AUTOSAR MCAL development, RTE and BSW integration, Application Layer development, Tools configuration and code generation
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Find out how J1939 stack resolved on-chip memory issue for an Automotive Tier-I supplier
Modular architecture re-design across fleet management product lines - GPS fleet security, vehicle and trailer tracking
Design and development – Sensor Networks, Custom IoT gateway, Cloud and Mobile App