A highly admired Tier-1 supplier of Automotive and Industrial Thermal products. Their pursuit of Innovation has helped to develop niche in domains like aviation, medical, home and office appliances.
- Our customer’s team was working on a tight deadline. In the application development phase, the significance of bootloader solution was realized. Bootloader software was initially not a part of the software development roadmap.
- Customer also realized that the in-house expertise did not offer skill-sets required for bootloader software development.
- Development of bootloader software also required specialized skills and experience in Vector tools.
- Our team of automotive software developers developed a Vector FNOS bootloader solution.
- This bootloader software was designed using Vector Geny tool for the Automotive Control Unit (ECU) Application. This control unit system is designed to support Climate and Motor control features.
- The Vector FNOS bootloader has been customized to adapt the Automotive Control Unit (ECU) application.
- A re-programming software was developed for the non CAN network based microcontrollers on the ECU PCB.
- This software acts as a Bootloader for the microcontrollers which are not connected to vehicle CAN network.
- Its also helps the non CAN network depended controllers to communicate with the CAN based network which in turn communicates with the Vector FNOS Bootloader.
- Our team also developed a bootloader re-programming utility, which is a web-based application designed on UDS(LIN) protocol using CAPL and CANoe scripting.
Why Tier-I supplier partnered with Embitel for Vector FNOS Bootloader development?
- The business requirement of the client was complex and needed and lot of understanding about their end application.
- Reason being, the application was already in the development phase when the requirement for a compatible FNOS bootloader was brought to our desk.
- Embitel’s embedded software team won the confidence of the customer during consulting workshops.
- Customer also realized the value-addition of our 10+ years of domain expertise in automotive embedded software and experience in Vector tools.
- Our expertise in embedded system software development helped our customer’s R&D activities to be more focused on application development.
- Domain expertise of Embitel in Bootloader programming and vector tools such as CANoe and CAPL guaranteed the customer with quality delivery.
- Such business solutions resulted in effective cost efficiency and reduce the time-to-market for the customer.
Tools and Technologies:
- Software Coding language : Embedded C.
- Tools used : Vector CANoe, Vector FNOS bootloader, Vector Geny Tool, FORD DET.
- Automotive Protocols : UDS (CAN/LIN).