AUTOSAR Services for MCAL & BSW Integration
AUTOSAR (Automotive Open System Architecture): a global development partnership
The founding principle of AUTOSAR consortium is to create one common global standard for vehicle network and ECU design and development.The charter states – “Cooperate on standards, compete on implementation”
Partner with Embitel Technologies, a CMMI Level 3 organization, for robust and quality implementation of your AUTOSAR 4.x/AUTOSAR 3.x projects
AUTOSAR service offerings:
AUTOSAR Migration Strategy
Technical and business workshops to analyze your product roadmaps and assessment of AUTOSAR 4.X or AUTOSAR 3.X migration strategy across product lines
AUTOSAR RTE and BSW integration
Integration of RTE (Run-time environment) and AUTOSAR BSW stack (basic software) with the application.
Embedded Platform(s) consulting
Technical assessment and evaluation of embedded platforms across product lines, best suited for customer’s applications
Application Layer – MBD and implementation
Model-Based Development (AUTOSAR, DaVinci Developer) and logic implementation for Application layer of the AUTOSAR Software Stack
AUTOSAR MCAL Services – Development, code generation, testingDevelopment of Microcontroller Drivers (MCU, GPT), Communication Drivers (CAN, LIN, FlexRay, MOST), I/O Drivers (ICU, PWM, ADC, PORT)Code generation for all the standard toolsAutomated MIL and SIL testing of the (Microcontroller Abstraction Layer)MCAL drivers
AUTOSAR Tools – configuration and code generationConfiguration and code generation (exe file) for Comasso, Vector , ECU Spectrum, KSAR AUTOSAR.DaVinci Developer tool for AUTOSAR software architecture designExpertise in Code generation tools based on Pearl and Python.
FAQs about AUTOSAR Services
Q. Please share details about your MCAL driver development expertise?
Ans. Our AUTOSAR developers have in-depth expertise and project experience in MCAL driver development.
We have partnered with automotive leaders for the development of microcontroller drivers such as GPT driver and MCU driver; Communication drivers like CAN, LIN, FlexRay and MOST and I/O drivers like ICU, PWM, ADC, Flash, and EEPROM.
Our AUTOSAR software development team has partnered with customers for the development of static file of the microcontroller driver and the MCAL driver configuration.
Q. What services are a part of your BSW Layer development?
Q. Can you provide support for configuration of certain specific diagnostic messages?
Ans. Yes, we provide support for configuration of diagnostic messages according to the project requirements.
The configuration sequence details are discussed in detail during the AUTOSAR Technology Workshops as part of our SLA.
Q. Do you provide support for the configuration of Tx and Rx messages of the Interface layer of communication module?
Ans. Yes, we provide support for the configuration of the interface layer as per your project/application requirement.
Q. Do you also provide services for RTE configuration?
Ans. Yes, our AUTOSAR developers have expertise in the configuration of the RTE that serves as an interface between the application software module (SWC) and the basic software module.
Q. Does your software development team have hands-on experience with the latest version of AUTOSAR?
Q. Do you also provide support for AUTOSAR migration?
Ans. Yes. Our AUTOSAR software development team has successfully partnered with global OEMs’ and Suppliers for migration to AU|TOSAR 4.0.
We can share the success stories of our customers after signing the NDA agreement.
Q. Please share your expertise on AUTOSAR Tools support and configuration?
Ans. We have delivered projects on configuration and code generation based on tools like Comasso, Vector, ECU Spectrum, KSAR AUTOSAR.
We also have experience in working with design tool DaVinci Developer and scripting tools based on Pearl and Python.
Q. Please share details regarding your AUTOSAR testing services?
Ans. As part of our AUTOSAR Testing suite, following testing services are included:
- Module Testing,- individual AUTOSAR modules are tested for various test-case scenarios. This is White Box testing
- Integration test – after integration of individual AUTOSAR modules, we perform integration testing based on relevant test-case scenarios. This is also a White Box Testing
- System level testing (end application layer testing). – This is Black Box testing where we test the entire product/embedded system
Write to us to know more detailed information about our testing services.
Q. Do you also provide services for Complex Device Driver (CDD) development?
Ans. Yes, we provide services for Complex Device Driver development. This layer will be ECU hardware dependent.
Q. Do you also provide application development services?
Ans. Yes. The application development can be done based on the specification of the project. We have expertise in both manual coding and tool-based code generation.
Our team of software development engineers has extensive experience in manual coding implemented in Embedded C
We also have expertise and experience in working with the code generation tools like Matlab, Vector, Comasso and much more.
Expertise in embedded platforms:
Extensive experience and in-depth knowledge of Renesas, Freescale, TI, ARM, Microchip platforms
Why migrate to AUTOSAR architecture from legacy software?
AUTOSAR layered architecture ensures a clear demarcation between the application software and hardware platform and drivers with the help of RTE.
This facilitates a shift in ECU design approach from coding to configuration
(Source – RTC Magazine)
Benefits of migrating to AUTOSAR architecture:
- Improved reuse of ECUs in new car platforms and architectures
- Improved use of pre-validated and tested software components (representing vehicle functions)
- Reduced testing and safety certification costs
- Reduction in downstream design errors—an AUTOSAR methodology allows functions to be defined and verified at an architectural level
- Reduction in overall hardware cost by improved AUTOSAR network management and capacity utilization
- Reduced costs in overall network architecture analysis and design reviews
- Improved communication between OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers, by using a standardized digital exchange format (AUTOSAR XML or arxml)
(Source – RTC Magazine)
Why Embitel, as an Embedded Automotive partner, for your AUTOSAR migration?
- Automotive domain focus
- Robust ‘Project Management’ practices – EmbiQ Model
- Delivery & quality excellence processes
- International ‘Industry Ecosystem’
Related posts: Learn more about AUTOSAR software development
What is AUTOSAR MCAL?
MCAL is a software module that directly accesses on-chip MCU peripheral modules and external devices that are mapped to memory, and makes the upper software layer independent of the MCU.
(Source – Renesas)
What is AUTOSAR layered architecture?
AUTOSAR uses a three-layered architecture:
- Basic Software (AUTOSAR BSW): Basic Software is the standardized software layer, which provides services to the AUTOSAR Software Components and is necessary to run the functional part of the software. It does not fulfill any functional job itself and is situated below the AUTOSAR RTE (Runtime Environment). The Basic Software contains standardized and ECU specific modules.
- Runtime environment (AUTOSAR RTE): Middleware which abstracts from the network topology for the inter- and intra-ECU information exchange between the application software components and between the Basic Software (BSW) and the applications.
- Application Layer: application software components that interact with the runtime environment (RTE).
Source – AUTOSAR.org