Business Model for Licensing of CAN FD Protocol (ISO 11898-1:2015) Stack
We offer this production-grade and ISO 11898-1:2015 compliant CAN FD protocol solution under one-time licensing fee model.
This engagement model offers the following benefits to our customers:
- As a customer, you have the ownership of the IP rights of the software
- You get access to the source code of the CAN FD protocol software
The IP rights and the source code enable you to deploy the CAN FD Protocol (ISO 11898-1:2015) software across multiple product lines.
Configuration, Integration, & Testing Services for Production-Grade CAN FD Protocol Software:
The CAN FD drivers or firmware, CAN FD interface layer and network management (NM) layer have been designed, developed and tested according to ISO 11898:-1:2015 standard.
End-user Application Analysis:
CAN FD Protocol Stack Integration Services:
CAN FD Bootloader Services:
Conformance Testing Services:
Meet Our Automotive Leaders
Suresh is the man with solutions. A pro in multitasking, Suresh is always there for his team and also handles the customers’ problems with alacrity.
Under Suresh, the automotive team has delivered some very critical projects with the biggest OEMs and suppliers. His ability to understand the customers’ pain points and come up with solutions is his biggest virtue.Suresh Kumar | Technical Manager
(A people’s Manager)
Kuldeep’s passion for Automotive technology has been a major factor behind our successful engagements with Global Tier-I Suppliers and Partners.
Conversations with Kuldeep always revolve around practical solutions due to his hands-on technical experience and understanding of the evolving Automotive Industry eco-system.Kuldeep Singh | Business Manager
(Loves all things 'Automotive', a passionate biker!)
Factsheet Regarding CAN FD Protocol Software Specifications:
This downloadable Fact sheet contains all the details of our production-grade and ready-to-integrate CAN FD protocol stack. This ISO 11898:-1:2015 compliant software is popularly deployed for ECU reprogramming and vehicle diagnostics applications:
Download this CAN FD PDF to get following information:
- CAN FD license fee, engagement model, and overview
- Benefits of IP rights and CAN FD source code
- CAN FD solution package, features, memory requirements
- CAN FD protocol software integration, maintenance, and support services
Refer to the CAN FD Protocol Stack FAQ sections for more details.
Technology Guidebook: CAN FD Protocol Software
Learn about the advantages of CAN FD over CAN 2.0 protocol. Also get details regarding software architecture of the CAN FD protocol solution.
Ans. The modern vehicle manufacturers stipulate transmission of larger amounts of data at optimum rates across the vehicle network. And The Classical CAN BUS protocol supports the transfer of only up to 8 bytes of data.
Hence, there was a need for next generation CAN protocol. CAN FD (CAN with flexible data rate) vehicle network protocol has been designed to support up to 64 bytes of data transfer
Following are the business use-cases of our CAN FD protocol stack:
- Electric Vehicle powertrain
- Infotainment System
- Automotive ECU Re-programming
Ans. Our pre-tested CAN-FD stack solution consists of the following software services. The low level device drivers are platform dependent
- CAN-FD Device Drivers
- CAN-FD Network management layer
- CAN-FD Interface Layer
Ans. Yes we provide complete analysis, stack integration and maintenance support services as part of our Service Level Agreement (SLA).
Ans. We provide consultation to our customers for existing sequence of the CAN FD bootloader module.
However, we can also collaborate for development of the CAN FD bootloader solution based on the proposed bootloader design as per the project requirements.
Ans. Our CAN FD protocol software is compliant to ISO11898 standard.
Ans. The software source code is developed using embedded C in compliance with MISRA-C standard.
We adhere to software development best practices as per CMMI level 3 standards at the organization level.
Ans. In the CAN FD protocol software, the CAN FD Interface layer can be customized as per your project/application requirement.
Static configuration is provided for customizing Tx and Rx messages through Cfg.c and Cfg.h files.
Ans. As a technology partner, we have partnered with global OEMs’ and suppliers for integration of CAN FD protocol stack. Our CAN FD protocol stack has been Tested OK during several end-of-line testing and has been integrated with the production environments.
Specific success stories of our customers can be shared (on request) after signing the NDA.
Ans. We have a team of expert automotive software engineers who have experience in delivering optimal solution for integration testing and compliance testing as per ISO 16845 standard.
Ans. According to our existing business model we provide one-time licensing to our customer.This includes IP rights and source code of the CAN FD protocol software. This model benefits the customer, as it lends flexibility of integrating the software stack across multiple projects or product lines.
Nevertheless, our business model can be re-planned according to the customer needs.
Blogs Regarding CAN FD Protocol (ISO 11898-1:2015): Learn more about the CAN FD v/s CAN
What is CAN FD Protocol?
- CAN Flexible Data is a CAN bus protocol that supports a data bit rate of up to 8 Mbps and a payload capacity of 64 bytes. It is an extension to Classical CAN or Classical CAN.
- The ported J1939 stack consisted of J1939 Data Link and Transport Layer (J1939\21), Network Management layer (J1939/81), Vehicle Application Layer (J1939/71) and Vehicle Diagnostics Layer (J1939/73)
- The role of software in automotive has become quite big and important. These applications need a lot of vehicle’s data and that too in real time. And this where CAN FD excels! Automotive OEMs plan to completely migrate from Classical CAN to CAN FD in the coming years.
CAN vs CAN FD- Why industry felt the for a faster avatar of CAN?
- Advanced automotive applications such as Telematics, EV Powertrain Management, Infotainment . require faster and larger data transfers. (Reason – the amount and type of real-time data that these applications deal with. For example, an infotainment system needs to display a gamut of vehicle information- tire pressure, door lock sensor info, transmission system info etc. at real-time).Classic CAN with its maximum data rate of 1 Kbps and a payload capacity of 8 bytes was not the right fit.These constraints paved the way for CAN FD protocol. CAN FD protocol software offers flexible data rates of up to 8 Mbps and a data payload capacity of 64 bytes.
What is a CAN FD Controller and CAN FD Transceiver?
- CAN FD controller is a hardware chip/platform that can be added to the host controller as a separate component or can be embedded inside it.
- The CAN FD Controller is responsible for converting the messages in accordance with the CAN FD protocol.
- The transceiver then transmits the messages over the Controller Area Network (CAN BUS). The CAN transceiver along with some other layers such as Transport Layer (ISO 15765) and Bootloader, together comprise of a CAN Stack.