- A. Our Automotive Team undertook an intensive research and analysis of the capabilities offered by Android OS for infotainment application.
- Android software stack comes integrated with necessary connectivity modules like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, GPS and more and low-level device drivers and software layers.
- The UI can be easily custom-designed, with the help of platforms like QT.
- As an infotainment developer, one can focus on the customization and development of the Application Layer, without worrying about the underlying software layers
- Third party libraries are not required to be integrated, as Android brings the complete software package on the table.
- As part of the future growth strategy, Automotive Industry is a core focus area for Google. This will ensure that Google continues to provide robust support for the automotive applications and release more feature-rich versions of Android Automotive.
- Being an open source platform, the source code is available and it is easy to personalize the OS as per the specific needs of the customer.
- App deployment ecosystem of Android offers a lot of advantages that reduce time-to-market for In-Vehicle Infotainment products
We also analyzed the features of Android OS w.r.t the customer requirements and their pain-points
Android emerged as an ideal Operating System for an In-vehicle Infotainment solution. Following are some of the compelling reasons for the same: