EmbiQ – Engagement Model
Quality Processes at Embitel:
There are 3 important components in any organization namely People, Process and Technology.The Quality of the product is highly influenced by the Quality of the processes used to develop and maintain it.
Embitel is at the threshold of continuous improvement where processes are indeed predictable, consistent and repeatable.
Embitel’s Quality Management System –EmbiQ contains all quality-related processes, policies,best practices, etc. EmbiQ is owned by the Process Group and is accessible to all employees of Embitel.
Standard processes are defined at an organizational level and are tailored to meet the requirements of specific projects. The organization understands customer value and focuses its key processes to continuously increase it.
EmbiQ structure-Embitel adopts a hierarchical structure to achieve the quality policy and quality objectives and to satisfy the requirements of ISO 9001: 2015, ISO 27001:2013 and CMMi dev 1.3v (L3).
Methodologies at Embitel:
The methodologies that Embitel use are complete with the right teams, technical skill-sets and management that are committed and driven to deliver projects and services on time, on budget and as per your specification. Our domain experts ensure that they first understand the technical and management challenges before they define the requirements to achieve the identified goal.
Embitel has mature, capable processes and flexible models built around years of experience and proven expertise in Product development and application services for various enterprise companies. Using process methodologies such as V- Model and Agile development methodologies, we achieve great delivery efficiency, leaving our clients and customers with great appreciation regarding our service.
At Embitel, we have adopted a comprehensive V model to ensure the
- Pre-defined rules are followed for software development
- The final product meets required specifications.
This helps to detect and correct errors early in the development process and consequently helps reduce, to some extent, the risks associated with project execution.
We typically integrate a V model into your software development process. By including inspections, verification reviews, validation and testing of modules, functionality and integration, we ensure that the development does not deviate from the agreed specifications.
SCRUM at Embitel
Scrum is extensively used at Embitel to provide highest business value and high project transparency to client. It increases our client’s competitiveness and quick go to market capability.
A project begins with a SCRUM (project) planning meeting where the team does:
- The release planning
- Decides the Sprint review/demo dates.
- The planning for the engineering practices to be followed.
- Decide the “definition of done”.
- The Risk planning.
- The plan for Metrics data collection and analysis.
- The Sprint Length.
- The planning and approval of the QMS deviations if required.
- The sprint goal setting
- The team decides the features to be included in the sprint backlog depending on the priority
- As part of Sprint execution the team meets every day for the Daily SCRUM for updating the status.
- The burn-down chart gives the visibility of the team’s progress. The product backlog is updated whenever there are requirement changes or the requirements are refined by the product owner.
Is the most critical part of the SCRUM activity, where the client gets to review the features developed for the product in the sprint, thereby giving a feel on the direction of the project.
The team identifies the good practices followed in the completed sprint, the areas of improvement and the lessons learnt.
Benefits of the SCRUM process
- Delivery of highest business value features/requirements first.
- Continual inspection, adaptation, self-organization, removal of impediments and emergence of innovation help in increasing productivity.
- High transparency and visibility in operations provided by continuous estimation of work left to be completed.
- High involvement of the customer and the customer driven projects led to high level of customer satisfaction.
- Welcome changing requirements, even late in development. SCRUM process harnesses change for the customer’s competitive advantage.