We help you drive your electric vehicle powertrain. Powered by a suite of motor control algorithms and a team of automotive superheroes, your EV project will be up and running just the way you wanted.
Our team has delivered customized motor control algorithms and other peripherals for Electric Vehicle projects across the globe. From FOC algorithm and device driver development for motor/gate driver IC to testing and tuning to achieve desired speed-torque characteristics, we provide end-to-end motor control solution development.
Not all EVs have a similar motor control solution requirement. A motor control system customized to the specific needs of an EV project is what you require for an efficient and successful electric vehicle program. We deliver just that!
Our platform for development of a customized motor control system makes sure that we re-use components with minimum modifications to reduce the time-to-market substantially.
[Demo Video] How our Experts Use FOC Algorithm to Overcome the Speed Error in Motor Control Solutions
Configurable Software and Hardware Components of our Motor Control Development Platform
- For power management, reading inputs from sensors and for communication with other control units.
- MCU is integrated with algorithm designed according to functional requirements, diagnostics & the safety requirements.
- Equipped with algorithms developed by using MATLAB\MBD methodology (like FOC).
- Ensures correct sensing from the various sensors. It processes the feedback signals and drives the PWM signals.
- Equipped with Regenerative Braking feature.
- It is a motor controller for electric vehicle, capable of driving upto 5 kW motors for the Electric Vehicle application.
- Custom-designed hardware board that also ensures the correct delivery of power to the Motor
- Contains the pre-driver & the Power MOSFETs
- Responsible for providing the right switching patterns for the Power MOSFET
- Configurable daughter board to support higher motor power rating
- This platform can be integrated with our ready-to-deploy and reusable software stacks (UDS, J1939, OBD and others), as per your requirements.
- Facilitates inter- ECU communication by providing operating parameters of the electric drive train to the external HMI or Other ECUs in the network.
- Implements the UDS (ISO 14229) over CAN BUS diagnostics stack
- Helps in measuring the motor operating parameters
- This Motor Control solution can be integrated with motors like BLDC and PMSM, and AC Induction Motors for hybrid and IC Engine vehicles
- The Motor & the inverter/power stage are tightly coupled elements.
Powered with Futuristic Technology and Features of EV Motor Control
motors of 1kW, 5kW
and higher Watts
Integrated Field Oriented
Control (FOC) algorithm, to ensure
the best dynamic performance of motor
Design & Development
is compliant with
ISO 26262 Standard for Functional Safety
Motor Control Application
has been developed using
Model Based Development
Speed control, torque control and
Field weakening features
to achieve higher speed
One ECU solution to
control all types of
Motors (PMSM, BLDC, DC)
Optimization & Tuning of the FOC algorithm
using Plant Model Simulation in MATLAB/SIMULINK
Regenerative Braking achieved by voltage
boost using Software Algorithm with the help
of inverter and motor setup
Technology Architecture of Electric Vehicle Motor Control Platform
- The EV ECU consists of the communication, diagnostics, FOC, Regenerative Braking and power management capabilities.
- The motor specific daughter card is the motor control system that drives the motor with PWM signals.
- The reference design is capable of driving PMSM, BLDC and DC motors of different capacities.
Product Engineering Services for Motor Control Solution Development
Hardware and Software Development Services
Model Based Development
Porting and Integration Services
Video Explaining Motor Control System- The Brain Behind Electric Motors
Motor Controller for Electric Vehicle Customer Success Stories
Related Posts: Learn More About Motor Controller For Electric Vehicle
FAQs Regarding Motor Controller for Electric Vehicles
Ans. Our platform for motor controller for electric vehicle is completely customizable, configurable and ready-to-deploy solution for your Electric Vehicle Applications.
We have designed a suite of Base Software, that consist of the Hardware Abstraction Layer (HAL) and Low-Level drivers (LLD). This Base Software can be customized for integration with your Application layer, helping you save substantial development time and cost (approximately 6-8 months).
As an additional value-add, a critical software module of the Application layer, which is Field Oriented Control (FOC) algorithm, has also been implemented and can be readily integrated with your system.
Depending on the project’s requirements, we can also partner for the development of other modules like regenerative braking, speed and torque limiting and so on, for the application layer.
For an organization, that plans to develop a prototype of motor control ECU for electric vehicles, this configurable platform is an ideal solution.
Ans. The design and development of this motor controller for electric vehicle, adheres to the guidelines of the ISO 26262 Standard for Functional Safety in Automotive.
We have a dedicated team of Functional Safety Consultants and Engineers. This team has in-depth knowledge of the ISO 26262 standard and has also delivered successful Consulting and Implementation projects for our Global Automotive Customers.
We will also extend all the necessary support; in order to help you achieved the compliance for the required ASIL value, for your EV project.
Ans. In order to minimize the bench testing and tuning efforts in the FOC algorithm, we tune it using Plant Model simulation.
Here, we simulate the actual operating environment of the Electric Motor and the Motor Controller Solution for FOC algorithm optimization.
Our Model Based Development team has expertise of more than 13 years in the Automotive Domain. They partner with our EV Team to help our customers save time & cost during Bench Testing.
Ans. Regenerative Braking is a must-have feature w.r.t an Electric Vehicle motor control system. Our platform too, is equipped with the software algorithm that does the voltage boosting necessary to achieve regenerative braking.
Ans. Our Motor controller solution for Electric Vehicles is built on TI C2000 Delfino family of microcontroller, which is an automotive grade MCU.
In order to help you develop the system on a different microcontroller, we will provide support for the necessary customization of the low-level drivers, of our base software module. The existing Hardware Abstraction Layer designed by our team can be reused completely.
Ans. Our motor controller for electric vehicle is designed to drive different types of motors including BLDC, PMSM, and AC Induction motors.
For all the applications in which these motors are integrated in an Electric Vehicle, our motor control system can be leveraged to demonstrate your PoC.
(Specifications – Our motor controller ECU can drive 2 PMSM motors of 170 Watt and 5kW each, and 1 BLDC motor of 1 kW)
One of the most widely implemented use-case is the Drivetrain of Electric Vehicles (both two-wheelers and cars).
Other auxiliary motor applications can also be built using this platform.
Electronic Power Steering is another use case of our motor controller driven BLDC motor. It may not be specific to Electric Two-Wheelers, but every electric car/truck (four-wheeler or higher) will need power-steering.
Ans. We have implemented certain diagnostics and fault-handling capabilities in the motor control system ECU.
Following algorithms for diagnostics are implemented in the application layer:
- Overload Protection
- Over-voltage, Over-current protection
- Fault detection and logging
- Temperature Monitoring
Ans. Yes, we do provide support for integration in the production environment for the motor controller ECU.
We have a team of hardware engineers who can take care of the implementation of the application, HAL and LLD in the vehicle phase.
We can carry out this activity on-site or support from our premise.
Ans. The skill set of Engineers who have developed the motor control system is as follows: