Leverage the Power of Customized Desktop Applications for Your Business Transformation
Desktop applications have carved a niche of their own in the IoT ecosystem. The popularity of desktop applications is primarily due to their ability to access the low-level operating system and hardware architecture of the device for maximum power. Desktop applications are the optimum choice for IoT use cases that mandate the app to manage speed, precision and complexity in the HMI (Human Machine Interface). Desktop apps are also significantly more robust and secure when compared to IoT web apps.
Our experience in the design and development of IoT desktop applications spans more than 14 years. Apart from custom desktop app development from scratch for Windows, Linux and Mac OS platforms, we are also well versed in crafting effective extensible solutions for existing apps.
IoT Desktop App Development Services
HMI/UI Design and Development
Firmware Design and Development
Integration of Desktop App in IoT Framework
Tools and Technologies Expertise
Industries We Cater To
We are currently engaged in several long-running projects for customized desktop app development. Some of the use cases for which we have extensive experience include testing of high-voltage instruments and quality control applications for Industry 4.0.
Leveraging our expertise in the automotive domain, we have been successful in delivering intuitive desktop applications for global automotive customers over the years. Some use cases for desktop applications in this domain include testing electrical components of EVs, evaluating music systems in vehicles, quality control in automobile manufacturing units, etc.
Telemedicine software is a boon for patients living in rural areas or elderly patients who are unable to travel to healthcare centers for treatment. Development of desktop applications for healthcare use cases is an area that we have special focus on.
IoT enabled desktop apps can improve operational efficiency and bring about a complete digital transformation of enterprise/business operations. Leverage our experience for your business transformation today.
Our Desktop App Development Approach
- Creation of standalone desktop-based business software applications
- Upgrade of existing desktop apps
- Client-server application development
- Development of desktop applications processing graphics
- Prime focus on security and performance optimization of apps
- Upgrade to latest versions of tools and technologies for improved performance
- User-friendly GUI
- Long-term maintenance support
- Continued support for release of new versions
- Development of product documentation and user guides
- Business Analysis
- Firmware Architecture Design & HMI/UI Design
- Firmware Development & HMI/UI Development
- Quality Assurance
- Long-term Maintenance and Upgrades
Why Choose Embitel as a Partner Desktop Application Development Company?
IoT Desktop Application Development FAQs
- Great Performance – When compared to mobile/web applications, desktop applications are far superior in their ability to render greater processing speed through effective use of system memory and hard disk space. Hence, when handling large amount of data per second for an extended period of time, and displaying results in real-time, it is optimum to utilize the power of desktop applications for smooth processing.
- Effective GUI – Another advantage of desktop applications is the availability of large GUI to display multiple device options and readings. This cannot be achieved on apps designed for smaller devices.
- Easy Integrations – Desktop applications can enable deeper integrations with other desktop apps on the system than web-based apps.
- Offline Functionality – Desktop applications include all resources to operate efficiently without an internet data connection.
- Hardware Integration – If the use case demands hardware integration to the workflow, desktop apps are the best choice.
- Better Security Features – When compared to web-based apps, desktop applications are far more secure, as they can run without external resources or connections that pose security threats.
We have vast experience of over a decade in the design and development of desktop applications based on the Qt framework (using C++). Whenever the projects demands, we have supported customers in upgrading their apps to the latest versions of C++ standards and Qt for optimized performance.
Our ability to stay updated on industry trends and adopt cutting-edge technologies in the solutions we deliver is what sets us apart from competition.
Our IoT-based desktop applications have been deployed in Industry 4.0. Some of the use cases of these apps include quality control in car manufacturing facilities, security print inspection, bar code reading/character recognition, pharmaceutical industries, robotic applications, etc.
In some projects, we have developed desktop apps that can be used across a wide range of industries. The HMI we developed for these apps enables users to configure parameters based on the industry and use case for customization.
When crafting desktop apps for IoT applications, it is important to consider the encoding and decoding mechanisms for data protection. It is possible to save user configuration files in encrypted format on the hard disk.
When saving the file on the hard disk, standard encryption algorithms are used for data protection.
In some of our long-running projects we have developed separate License Manager modules for generating license files specific to the devices. These files ensure reinforced security as they prevent usage of the app in the absence of access to the license file.