Functional Testing (HIL, MIL, SIL) Services For Seating Control, HVAC, Infotainment And Car HUD
Learn About our Expertise in Functional Testing of Instrument Clusters, ADAS, Power Steering and Other Systems
Our Software & Hardware Testing teams have in-depth Automotive Domain expertise. For more than a decade, We have been partnering with Automotive OEMs’ and Suppliers from USA, China, Taiwan, South Korea, India, and Europe.
Our Testing Teams have experience in delivering projects for Functional, Unit, Integration and System testing of the following automotive products:
- Instrument Clusters (tell-tales, warnings, gauges, chimes and support for various languages)
- Seating Comfort Systems: Lumbar Massage Support.
- HVAC System (heater mats and blowers).
- Head-up display (HUD)
- ADAS components like Cruise Control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Seat & Mirror ECU (Memory Store/Recall, Easy Entry/ Easy Exit, Reverse Mirror Support)
- Electronic Power Steering (EPS)
Support for Unit Testing, Integration Testing and Functional (HIL, MIL, SIL) Testing
Our software and hardware testing engineers help you develop the ‘Test Strategies’ for the unit, integration and functional testing.
- Statement Coverage– We ensure that all code blocks are tested thoroughly. This is a preliminary testing technique that precedes branch coverage.
- Branch Coverage– In-depth view of the code by testing all conditions. Ensures no code branch causes any anomalies
- Decision or Boolean Coverage (MC/DC) – We test every possible outcome of a decision and all entry/exit points are checked. Recommended for ASIL-D compliance as per the Functional Safety framework, as defined by ISO 26262 standard.
- Expertise in Testing and Verification tools such as CANTATA, Mx-VDev, Tessy Tool, RTRT and more
- Thorough testing of each interface of the sub modules with all other modules.
- The interface code is checked to ensure proper interaction with other interfaces.
- We have expertise in delivering integration testing projects using tools like CANTATA, CAPL Script (Vector), Mx-VDev.
- We provide support for execution of test-case in order to achieve the desired ASIL Grade (ASIL B/ASIL C/ASIL D) for automotive software/ hardware, as per the ISO 26262 standard.
- Real-time simulation with HIL Testing (Hardware-in-loop). Testing of the controller in virtual but realistic conditions, for system validation.
- MIL Testing (Model-in-loop)– Expertise in MATLAB/Simulink tools for creation of the testing environment to verify the model
- SIL Testing (Software-in-loop )– Algorithm testing at all stages of product development within the modeling environment.
- We have expertise in execution of HIL/MIL/SIL testing with the help of tools such as CANalyzer, LabView, ETAS Tool Chain, Rational Quality Manger
- Complete test coverages, as per the ISO 26262 standard, to ensure that required ASIL grade (ASIL B/ASILC/ASIL D)is achieved
[Demo] Functional Testing of HVAC, Mirror, and Seat Control Unit
HIL Testing, MIL Testing and SIL Testing: Understanding the Process Flow-diagram
- The automotive software or hardware testing requirements are uploaded to Rational DOORS Tool (a Requirement Management Tool). Any kind of changes, in the testing requirements, can be managed with the help of this tool.
- Each testing artifact is then analyzed to segregate the software requirements against which functional testing is required to be performed.
- Rational, a Quality Manager Tool is then used to define the test cases w.r.t the requirements. Single test case might fulfill multiple requirements.
- The test cases are then executed using various functional testing tools such as LabView, ETAS & VT System.
- Post the completion of the functional testing, test reports are generated, and bugs are logged in Rational Quality manager.
- These bugs are then tracked for resolution and shared with the customers for inspection. The steps are repeated till the number of bugs come down to acceptable value.
Customer Success Stories: HIL Testing, MIL Testing, SIL Testing & more
- Automated Unit Testing (using Tessy Tool) for a Body Control Module (BCM) Application
- HIL Testing of Engine Control Unit
- MIL and SIL testing of Autonomous Guidance Sys. SIMULINK, Statflow, TruckSim
- Mutation Testing of an Automotive EPS for ISO 26262 (ASIL D) Compliance
Customer FAQs’ for Unit, Integration and Functional Testing Services
Related Blogs: Learn more about Automotive ECU Testing, Test Automation Frameworks and Vehicle Diagnostics Stacks
- Check C framework for Automotive Applications: A Powerful Unit Testing Tool that’s Smart & Flexible.
- [Vlog] Introducing Check C Framework: The Power-Packed Tool for Unit Testing of Automotive Software