Automotive ECU Testing and Verification Services
Automotive Product Testing: Control Units, Applications and Software Stacks
Leverage our Automotive Testing team’s expertise in System testing and validation of some critical Electronic Control Units (ECU) and other automotive embedded systems.
We have partnered with Global Automotive OEMs’ and Suppliers for Functional, Unit and Integration testing of the following automotive products:
- Car Instrument Clusters
- Seating: Heat and Cool Systems.
- Car Head-up display
- All automotive ECUs
- ADAS components like Cruise Control
- Anti-lock braking system
- Seating Control (Easy Entry/ Easy Exit)
Support for end-to-end Automotive ECU Testing
For more than a decade, our Automotive Testing team has supported customers for code-level, system-level and integration testing
- Statement Coverage– We ensure that all code blocks are tested thoroughly. This is a preliminary testing technique that precedes branch coverage.
- Branch Coverage– In-depth view of the code by testing all conditions. Ensures no code branch causes any anomalies
- Decision or Boolean Coverage (MCDC) – We test every possible outcome of a decision and all entry/exit points are checked. Recommended for ASIL-D compliance as per the Functional Safety framework, as defined by ISO 26262 standard.
- Thorough testing of each interface of the sub modules with all other modules.
- The interface code is checked to ensure proper interaction with other interfaces.
- Real-time simulation with Hardware-in-loop Testing (HIL). Testing of the controller in virtual but realistic conditions, for system validation.
- Model-in-loop Testing (MIL)– Expertise in MATLAB/Simulink tools for creation of the testing environment to verify the model
- Software-in-loop Testing (SIL)– Algorithm testing at all stages of product development within the modeling environment.
Automotive ECU Verification & Validation Service Offerings
Embitel offers a wide array of ECU testing services to cater the diverse requirements of the automotive OEMs and suppliers.
Developing test strategies.
Developing validation and verification plans and scripts for vehicle subsystems
Ensuring testability of software requirement with formal techniques
Automated & Manual Test execution and fault tracing
Defect reporting and verification
Static code checks & analysis using tools like Polyspace; MISRA C check performed by PCLint tool
Test suite automation using scripts and modeling tools like Labview
Validation on vehicle simulators / labcars
CAN/LIN Conformance testing using CANoe tool
J1939 Conformance testing
Automotive Functional Testing Process Flow-diagram
Expertise in Automotive Testing Tools:
- Rational Quality Manager
- CANalyzer / CANoe
Automotive ECU Testing Case Studies
- Development of plant and controller models for an autonomous vehicle and perform the Software in Loop (SIL) testing.
- HIL Testing of Engine Control Unit
- Functional validation of the CAN controller of an ARM cored Integrated GPS chip
- Vehicle simulation and testing of the powerplant for high and cornering torques in hard real time.
- MIL and SIL testing of Autonomous Guidance Sys. SIMULINK, Statflow, TruckSim
- Park Aid – Diagnostic and Functional Validation