Partner with us for Vehicle Telematics Application Development
Fleet Management & Route Tracking
Breakdown, e-call, theft alerts
Remote vehicle diagnostics
Monitoring Driver Behavior (AI/ML)
Alerts regarding Road Conditions (AI/ML)
Let’s Power your Vehicle Telematics Product with the following Features:
FOTA (Firmware Update Over Air)
Remote access to Vehicle Diagnostics data
Cloud connectivity and data analytics
Vehicle tampering and towing alerts
GPS and CAN interface
3G data, call and messaging
Hardware and Software Development Services
- Evaluation & Selection of hardware components for Telematics Control Unit , BOM cost optimization, Memory & Power footprint optimization
- Schematic and Layout designing
- Support for regulatory compliance & certification processes of your Telematics Products
- Design, development and Porting of hardware-specific Board Support Package(BSP).
- Design , development and integration of Bootloader Software to facilitate Reprogramming
- Design and development of Firmware packages, based on the preferred firmware flashing mechanism (firmware-over-the-air vs CAN based reprogramming)
- Car Head Unit to TCU/TGU: Automotive Communication Protocol Stacks (J1939, OBD2, UDS, KWP 2000, CAN)
- TCU/TGU to Telematics Cloud server: MQTT( messaging ), GPRS over HTTPS
- Telematics Cloud server to Web/Mobile App: Wi-Fi/Bluetooth/GPRS/GSM interfaces
- Database architecture design and development (relational/non-relational)
- Design and development of the web server and the application server
- Server User Role definations and management
- Design and development Wireframe
- Design UI Screens, Icons, Animations, Control Elements, & more
Why partner with Embitel for Telematics Solution Development
- Reduced time to market: Ready-to-deploy software and hardware components to accelerate your telematics control unit and application development initiatives
- Deep domain expertise: Extensive project delivery experience in embedded automotive engineering, cloud connectivity , and Connected Car and Digital cockpit technology (automotive Infotainment, Head up display solutions)
- Design and development of Telematics Solution in adherence to the AIS-140 regulations and ISO 26262 Standard for Functional Safety ( ASIL B/ ASIL C/ ASIL D)
- A diverse team of Embedded automotive and Firmware engineers, IoT cloud solution architect, application developers, Network engineers, UI/UX developers
Customer FAQs: ISO 26262 Compliance, Telematics Control Unit Development and more
Ans. Our Telematics Solution (Telematics Reference Design Platform) is compatible with Commercial Vehicles, Passenger Vehicles – including four/three/two wheelers.
Telematics Reference Design platform is compatible with both combustion engine as well as Electric Vehicles.
Ans. Following is a snapshot of our Telematics Reference Design platform specifications:
- Vehicle Networking stacks:
- TCU (Telematics Control Unit) hardware components:From a design perspective, a telematics solution for commercial vehicle would be more feature intensive while the one for a two-wheeler would be cost-sensitive.
Ans. Following are some of the re-useable components of our Telematics Solution that will ensure reduced time-to-market for your Telematics Product. :
- Hardware reference design
- Software stacks for microcontrollers and application processors
- BSP stacks, vehicle networking and diagnostics stacks;
- Telematics server software
- FOTA reference design:
- Ready to deploy Bootloader Software
- Reusable Algorithms for updating, Identifying and validating various firmware versions
Ans. We have successfully developed telematics solution based on the following microcontrollers and microprocessors:
- Renesas Family of MCUs
- PIC controllers
- Processors from NXP and Texas Instruments
- Qualcomm Snapdragon Processor
Ans. We have partnered with an Europe based Fleet Management Solution Provider for integration of telematics solution with their Android infotainment system of their Electric Scooter.
We can share more details regarding this partnership along with other customer success-stories after signing an NDA.
Ans. Yes we do. Our in-house ISO 26262 Functional safety Consultants will assist you in implementing the ISO 26262 recommended Functional Safety practices.
This will be based on ASIL requirements for your hardware & software components.
Our Automotive Functional Safety team can also provide support in identifying the ASIL requirements (ASIL B/ ASIL C/ ASIL D)
Ans. Definitely we can. In fact, we have partnered with leading brands from the automotive industry – tier 1 suppliers, electric scooter manufacturers and others; for successful porting of their telematics solution from proprietary OS like WinC to open source platforms including Linux and Android.
Learn About Fleet tracking, How a Vehicle Telematics System Works and more
- Customer Success Story: Device drivers and application development for Telematics Fleet Management product lines (GPS fleet security, vehicle and trailer tracking)
- Latest Telematics News: Trends and Challenges of Telematics Remote Vehicle Diagnostics
- Tech behind Telematics Explained: How does a Vehicle Telematics Solution Work?
- A look at Vehicle Telematics Trends that are Transforming Connected Two Wheelers from Concept to Reality
- [Video] The Motorcycle Diaries of a Digitally Connected Era
- Development of Telematics Control Unit for Automotive Tier-I Supplier
- AIS 140 Software Stack Development for Telematics Applications
- How Smart Dashboards are Revolutionizing Connected Vehicle Experiences
What is a Vehicle Telematics System?
- A Vehicle Telematics System communicates, retrieves and stores telematics data from vehicles, on the go. This data can include:
- vehicle diagnostics data,
- real time location of the vehicle,
- vehicle speed etc.
- A Vehicle Telematics Solution has become a core component of the following business use-cases:
- Fleet management
- Automotive Telematics Insurance
- Vehicle Tracking
- Car-sharing services
How does a Telematics System enable a Fleet management solution?
- Telematics System is the core technology stack that powers a fleet management solution.
- Fleet management service providers leverage Vehicle Telematics tech to deliver the following services:
- Remote management of customer owned Fleets
- Vehicle Tracking and analysis of the driver behavior
- Ensure only authorized access to the vehicles that are part of the fleet
- Tracking and analysis of fuel consumption<
- A typical telematics device, deployed for fleet management solutions, consists of a Telematics Control Unit.
- This is how a Telematics control unit works:
- Collects vehicle data ( speed, fuel levels, engine usage etc.) from Electronic Control Units (ECUs’) that are part of the In-Vehicle Network.
- Transmits this information to a cloud based application via a secure communication channel.
- Data is then processed and analyzed, using advanced algorithms.
- For a more detailed understanding , read our blog on how a Vehicle Telematics Solution works