Automotive components have undergone a massive technological revolution in the recent past. The building blocks of automotive systems gradually transitioned from mechanical to electronic, while establishing a new status quo in the industry.
One of the main drivers for this change was the increasing amount of digital content that was being accessed from within the vehicle. Information gathered from the internet for entertainment, road traffic monitoring data obtained from satellites, transmission of vehicle location data to the cloud, etc. are some of the examples of data transmission from/to the modern vehicle.
Connected digital instrument cluster is the technical breakthrough that has fueled this paradigm shift in the automotive industry. It enables clear and concise display of vehicle parameters to the driver, at the right time, to avoid driver distraction and elevate the driving experience altogether.
Embitel partners with global OEMs and Tier 1 Suppliers to design and develop cutting-edge digital instrument clusters for the connected vehicles of tomorrow.
Key Features of Our Custom-Designed Digital Instrument Cluster
A digital instrument cluster surpasses the functionalities of its analog counterpart and differentiates automotive product lines in the competitive marketplace.
Collaborate with us to develop connected cluster solutions that are:
Dynamically change the information displayed based on vehicle or driving conditions
Display only the most relevant information in the least intrusive manner to avoid driver distraction
Easily add more functionality to the digital instrument cluster by upgrading software
Implement custom design considerations to incorporate your unique business ideas and brand voice
Connected Cluster Design and Development Services
Development of Complete Digital Cockpit Solution
- A fully connected and secure system that combines multiple experiences on a single platform
- Device virtualization technology to separate the operating system (OS) of the digital instrument cluster from the infotainment system OS
- ISO 26262 compliant solution development for failure safety
- Advanced Driver Assistance Systems (ADAS)
- Integration of Driver monitoring app for driver behavior assessment, voice assistance and other AI capabilities
- Vehicle Infotainment system development
- Integration of Over the Air (OTA) update module
- Heads Up Display (HUD) unit development
- Integration of Telematics module
- Product development considering holistic IoT security principles
Digital Instrument Cluster Hardware Design
- Evaluation of business requirements and selection of microcontroller platform
- Design of hardware schematics
- Hardware testing in compliance to automotive standards and business use cases
- Inclusion of features to facilitate future expansion and upgrades
Vehicle Instrument Cluster Software Design and Development
- Assistance for implementing features such as phone and cloud connectivity, navigation, FOTA update module, alerts and warning, etc.
- Development of BSP and middleware software modules
- Development of software components and device drivers
- HMI/UI design and development to suit a wide range of budgets and use cases