Tier-1 supplier for automotive and industrial products.
- During the Model Based Development of their latest Seating ECU, our customer was confronted with a unique challenge related to controller memory.
- For this project, the customer created floating point library model which occupies a large part of on-chip memory, because of the ‘double’ data type.
- Since this new Automotive Seating ECU featured some very advanced seating comfort and control functions, floating point library modeling turned out to be an inefficient method with respect to on-chip memory consumption.
- To resolve this issue within time and budget constraints, the customer was on a look out for an embedded software partner with in-depth expertise in Model Based Development.
- During the technology workshops, our automotive software development team and the customer agreed to convert the floating point models into fixed point models.
- Since there were multiple blocks of models that required the conversion, our embedded software developers also started working on the automation tool to make the entire process more efficient.
- Our automotive software team leveraged the in-house designed automation tool for all the future releases.
- Due to Automation of the whole process, the development time was reduced from several days to a 2-3 day process.
- The tool ensured automation of the following steps:
- Model Initialization file creation.
- Interface Files Creation.
- Fixed point code based Model creation.
- Code generation.
Watch the Story Unfold
- Our automotive software development team’s pro-active approach helped us to identify the scope of automation. This ensured reduction in the turnaround time for the new releases.
- The automation tool reduced the overall process time by around 80% and has substantially improved the accuracy of the work products.
- As per the client requirement, with minimal changes, the tool can be reused across multiple MATLAB/Simulink projects.
Tools & Technologies:
- Matlab / Simulink 2013b.
- Matlab / Simulink 2016b.
- ERT coder.
- IAR compiler.