Marketplace implementation on Magento 1.9 for Medfirst India
As India’s first online marketplace for hospital equipment, clinical and patient care equipment, MedfirstIndia.com promises world-class quality and service.
Leading brands such as Littmann 3M, Omron Healthcare and Dr Med have been brought on board and the team behind Medfirst entrusted Embitel with the intensive task of implementing the technology for their marketplace business strategy.
- Intensive business and technology consulting workshops were conducted with the Medfirst India team to gain a thorough understanding of their business model and operations
- The website was upgraded to the then-latest version – Magento 1.9
- Customization and implementation of the Medma Magento Marketplace plug-in to support multivendor features
- Customization and implementation of separate order flows to support cash on delivery (COD) and online payment features
- Implementation of multiple payment gateways to facilitate sale – HDFC, InstaMojo, PayUMoney
- Customization of Shiprocket interface to support the fulfillment and shipping processes of Medfirst
- Implementation of Service Availability Check interface for sellers – enables seller to pre-select the area pincodes where they want to deliver and provide COD
- Customized payment settlement reporting to enable Medfirst to manage vendor payments, commissions and tax calculations
Successful implementation of the marketplace model to make medical supplies from various brands available on this pioneering webstore.
What is Medma Magento Marketplace?
A module to help you convert your Magento store to a multivendor marketplace, Medma offers features such as a separate vendor management area and the ability to add reviews and feedback for vendors in the marketplace.
What is Shiprocket?
A logistics software, Shiprocket offers automated shipping solutions, allowing online sellers to ship their products anywhere in the world.
Adapted from Shiprocket.in