Magento 2 Website Migration Project for Spaces[dot]in, a Brand from Home Textiles Leader Welspun India
Welspun India is one of the largest global home textile companies, and is a trusted brand in India. Over the decades Welspun has established its business presence across 34 countries as an exporter and supplier of bed and bath linen.
Welspun also holds renowned and respected bed and bath linen brands under its ambit such as Christy’s, Spaces, Welhome and Kingsley Home.
Welspun’s willingness to innovate and embrace new technologies has helped it maintain its position as a leader in this category.
Keeping in line with this philosophy, Welspun India sought to upgrade their online retail website in India to a platform with better performance and efficiency. They also wanted to deliver an enjoyable shopping experience to customers along with their unique customer-centric offerings of personalization.
- To migrate website from Magento Community Edition 1.x to Magento Community Edition 2.x
- Integration of brand-specific website design to maintain brand identity while delivering a modern look and feel
- Custom development of features for customer delight—personalization of products, ‘Shop the look’ feature
- End-to-end support for website migration to Magento 2.x Community Edition
- Extension of Magento and plugins to match customer requirement as per Magento 2.x standards and to deliver a bug-free website
- Creation of a pixel-perfect website design to match the brand image and deliver a premium UX
- Part of the creation of premium website design included having a configurable product image to showcase the selected product variant all through the checkout process
- Integration of personalization plugin to allow customers to purchase personalized products online
- Enhancement of the personalization plugin in order to meet customer requirements, such as:
- display the cost of personalization
- factor in discounts on products to be personalized
- switch product image to reflect personalization through the checkout process
- Development of ‘Shop the look’ feature—a feature that displays a set of products in a model setting, and allows customers to recreate the same look in their homes by purchasing the exact products
- Real-time inventory check during order placement
- Integration with SAP ERP
- Integration with Fedex and Delhivery shipping partners to facilitate shipping & tracking
Personalization of products
Shop the Look feature on the Spaces website
- End-to-end website development to suit the client’s requirements of a polished website with speedy time to market
- Seamless integration with SAP ERP for easy back- and front-end operations
- A convenient and smooth shopping experience for customers with various shopping options such as personalization and ‘Shop the look’