Throwback 2015 – the Successes of Our Automotive Infotainment project
When the MD of your organization mentions your Automotive Infotainment project as one of the highlights of 2015 (blog: Embitel’s 2015 – From Sharad’s Desk), it becomes a matter of pride for the team.
“This kind of acknowledgement for your work is definitely a great source of inspiration and motivation for our entire team,” says Suhas Tanawade, Project Manager – Automotive Infotainment (for a US based Tier-I Supplier).
“We are very proud of our entire Embedded Software team, who made it possible to ship out this one-of-a-kind infotainment software for a unique product. And without doubt, we are one of very few India-based services companies to achieve this,” says JSC Vidyasagar, Program Manager – Infotainment.
Amidst all the excitement surrounding successful execution of the infotainment solution, the team took some time out to talk to us about the milestones achieved in 2015.
Here are some of the key features designed and delivered by the team in the last year:
- Automatic activation of optional safety cameras when the vehicle is put into reverse or turn signals are on. This was made possible because of 4-camera support designed by the team—an upgrade from the default 2 cameras support provided by Android
- Commercial vehicle-specific navigation system to provide turn-by-turn instructions
- Bluetooth connectivity and pairing with Bluetooth-enabled devices. This ensured control of BT Audio Playback and the ability to access Phone Call Controls through steering controls
- Support for Virtual Gauges over CAN interface
- Integration of Voice Recognition using the in-built microphones and speakers of the system, thus allowing the user to use Voice Commands to mitigate driver distraction and enhance safety
- Managing priority among the applications & specific events using the Event Priority module of the system
Know more about our Automotive Infotainment capabilities here – Automotive Infotainment Services
Read about our Android Infotainment Solution based on Freescale’s i.MX6 platform here – Android Infotainment Case-study
ASK OUR EXPERTS
Car HUD (Heads-up Display)
Go-to-market in 6 months with our automotive grade hardware and software design
Automotive Control Units
Electronic Control Units (ECU) development services for Body Control Modules (BCM), Powertrain, Chassis and Infotainment
AUTOSAR Software Services
AUTOSAR MCAL development, RTE and BSW integration, Application Layer development, Tools configuration and code generation
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Find out how J1939 stack resolved on-chip memory issue for an Automotive Tier-I supplier
Modular architecture re-design across fleet management product lines - GPS fleet security, vehicle and trailer tracking
Design and development – Sensor Networks, Custom IoT gateway, Cloud and Mobile App