About the Customer:
Our customer , is a leading US-based technology company pioneering in cloud computing and platform virtualization software solutions.
TThe existing web-store was based on a proprietary ecommerce platform. The existing website theme and catalogue management was not able to match with the latest ecommerce design and technology trends and hence hindering the future growth of the company.
- Limited Scalability: The website design was not optimized to meet the customer’s need for future scalability, in terms of adding new web pages and content on the website.
- Unorganized product catalog management: The products listed on the website were randomly listed without a proper categorization, making product management – a tedious task.
- Inability to Manage multiple store -fronts: Customer wanted to build multiple store-fronts to cater to different geographies like the US, Europe and more, in the future. This was not supported by their existing ecommerce platform.
- Difficult Website Modification Process: Even a small modification in the webstore was a daunting task and involved large amount of code changes.
- Lack of an integrated Admin Console: The absence of a centralized admin console made it difficult to manage and update the product catalog.
Thus, the client was looking for a reliable solution partner to redesign their webstore and help them to migrate to a more scalable ecommerce platform.
Diconium / Embitel Technologies Solution:
Our ecommerce technology consultants participated in several workshops with the customer to understand their business operations. Magento Enterprise Cloud Edition was evaluated and identified as the most suitable and best-fit Ecommerce Platform for this Migration
We agreed to integrate the Magento Website with a new theme in order to enable our customer to deliver a seamless shopping experience for the end-users.
This new Ecommerce Website has been developed on Magento Commerce Cloud (v2.2.4) and later upgraded to v2.3.4.
Payment methods: Integrated payment methods – Credit Card, Debit Card, direct debit, Paypal, Purchase Order, Net banking
Multi-Country Rollout: Successfully launched multiple stores across the world.
UI/UX: High quality UI precision compatible with all leading web browsers
Mobile Friendly: The responsive frontend for seamless customer experience on all mobile screens
- Configured the enterprise’s product catalog, content translations, user management, roles management, order management, coupon codes, promotions etc.
- Automated promotion banners, catalog search, product categorization etc.
- Client could manage the stores through backend solutions
- Used Fastly for faster Content delivery
- New Relic for application performance monitoring
- Regular security and patch Updates
Diconium / Embitel Technologies Impact:
Migration to Magento Enterprise Cloud was successfully delivered through seamless collaboration between multiple teams at Magento, diconium ( our German parent company) , Embitel Technologies, and Digital River, together with the customer.
The reinvented form of the Customer’s Ecommerce store boasts of the following features:
- Store addition and launch have become easier and smooth now
- Successful and seamless integration of multiple systems related to customer’s ecommerce business. This included integration Magento commerce platform with the Digital River payment methods, CRM platform with current and new user data , license upgrade process, user authentication systems -amongst others)
- Increased traffic and business from mobile users due to the seamless responsive design
- Managing the store content, translations, catalog, orders and users has become very easy through the backend
- The SSO implementation helped connecting other customer apps globally and hence improved the business operations
- Improved customer traffic and conversions
- High customer retention
Tools and Technologies:
Magento Commerce Cloud: Ecommerce development
Fastly: Content Delivery Network
New Relic: Website Performance Management
GIT: Code versioning
CI/CD: Build Pipeline for deployment
JIRA: Project Management