VT Systems is industry wide recognized tool that powers the automation of Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) Testing of automotive control units.Our Functional Testing team has extensive expertise in performing HIL Testing using VT System along with Vtest Studio and Vector CANoe.
Some of the cutting-edge automotive solutions that we have worked on, include HVAC systems, Seat and Mirror Control ECUs, Automotive Lighting ECUs’, and more.
HIL Testing Services Delivered Using VT Systems
Test-Case Development from SRS (Software Requirement Specifications)
Test Case Execution and Report Generation
Development of ECU-VT system Interface
ECU I/O and Network Simulation using VT System
Design and Development Services for FOTA/OTA Integration
- Takes care of the I/O interfaces of the ECUs
- Simplifies the setup of Hardware-in-Loop Test benches
- We have a proven expertise in delivering multiple HIL Testing projects using VT System
- VT System and CANoe is a magical combination making HIL Testing efficient
- It automates the HIL Testing process
- V Test Studio and CAPL provide excellent platform to write test cases
- Our HIL Testing team is skilled in both CAPL and VTest studio platform
Meet Our Automotive Leaders
An ISTQB certified Testing Professional, Shajahan has 12+ years of experience in testing of automotive solutions.
His mastery in testing related skills along with his extensive industry experience, helps him identify the customer’s pain points and suggest the right solutions.
Shajahan is blessed with an endearing personality which makes him a leader who is always approachable.Shajhan Shaik Mehboob| Test Manager
"The Test Master"
The automotive embedded engineering team has been performing exceedingly well under Aneesh’s guidance.
With his efforts, the team has been able to successfully deliver many key projects in the emerging Electric Vehicle domain, motor control, vehicle protocol stacks and more.
He understands the automotive industry from business as well as technical side of things. This makes him an automotive leader par excellence.Aneesh Adkadkam | Head-Automotive BU
('Captain Cool' of our Automotive Team)
Customer FAQs for Vector VT System Powered HIL Testing of Automotive ECU Software
Ans. Our HIL Testing team has provided consulting and support for the following modules of the Vector VT System:
- VT7001A- Power Module
- VT1004A- Load and Measurement Module
- VT2004A- Stimulation Module
- VT2820- General Purpose Relay Module
- VT2516A- Digital Module
- VT6104- Network Module
These modules are setup in a 12 racks panel. Depending on the project’s requirements, we can also provide support for other modules.
Ans. The HIL Testing services are provided on (T&M) business model. The billing is done on actual man hours of the project, along with the license cost of the HIL Testing tools.
In a scenario where regressive testing is required (after addition of new feature), we follow same pricing model.
Ans. We are fully equipped to deliver projects that aim to achieve the desired ASIL grade (ASIL A/ ASIL B/ ASIL C/ ASIL D).
Our HIL Testing team ensures the compliance by designing the test cases according to the tables mentioned in the ISO 26262 standard.
In the subsequent phases also, we follow ISO 26262 guidelines for Hardware in Loop (HIL) Testing.
Ans. Our automotive testing team has successfully delivered HIL Testing projects for automotive ECUs such as Lighting ECU, Mirror and Seat Control ECU, HVAC and other ongoing engagements.
More details about customer projects can be shared once we sign the Non-Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with your team.
Ans. Its great that you have a Vector VT System in place. We can provide all the support for designing the test cases and writing them using the CAPL script on V Test Studio.
If you require any further support such as regression testing or ECU-VT system interface development, we will be more than happy to help.
Ans. we understand that due to certain circumstances, you may not be able to ship your entire system to our location, for HIL Testing. Don’t worry we have got you covered.
We have a business model in place where our VT System test engineers visit your location and provide necessary support for executed of HIL Testing.
Ans. Being a CMMI Level-3 organization, we take data safety and integrity very seriously. We strictly adhere to the guidelines prescribed in the standards such as GDPR and ISO 27001.
At Embitel Technologies, it is mandatory for for all the members of the HIL Testing Team, to clear the necessary online tests of the above mentioned data security standards.
Furthermore, the code transfer is done over secure FTP servers leaving no room for data breach
Ans. We can support in HIL Testing projects using other test systems such as ETAS and LabView. However, we expect our customers to provide these test setups as we do not have them in our Testing Labs, as of now.
If the customer is able to provide access to these systems, our testing team can provide other support such as Test Case design and execution.
Ans. We will share the HIL Testing reports with details of successful and failed test cases. These reports will be available in PDF and HTML format.
Ans. W If you already have a Vector VT System and are looking for our expertise in Test Case designing and execution, we are more than happy to help you.
Our HIL Testing services delivered using Vector VT System:
- Test-Case Development from SRS
- Development of ECU-VT System Interface
- Test Case Execution and Report Generation using CAPL Script
- ECU I/O and Network Simulation using VT System
What is a VT System?
- While performing HIL testing of an automotive ECU, its numerous Input/Output interfaces need to be connected to the sensors and actuators.
- VT system is a flexible test system that is designed to connect to these I/O interfaces and acquire the required data during the test. It essentially replaces actual sensors and actuators with modules (inserted separately in the VT system trays)
- The VT system modules contain all the components required for the functional test. For example, if a motor controller ECU has to be tested, the corresponding components that relays PWM signal, will be included in the VT System.
- VT System integrated with CANoe and VTest Studio to create a complete HIL Test bench.
- Value-Adds of HIL Testing Automation using VT System
- All Hardware-in-Loop (HIL) Testing components viz. relays, PWMs, Load/Sensor simulation etc. are integrated in one single device- VT System
- VT System can be easily scaled for specific test cases of an ECU Testing project- by inserting racks for every component
- Minimum wiring makes sure that test bench setup requires reduced efforts
- It integrates seamlessly with CANoe, another CAN based ECU Testing tool from Vector
- It simulates the real actuators with loads and also measures the ECU output- thus fulfills all HIL testing requirements
- Value-Adds of HIL Testing Automation using VT System