Open source Senior Developer – Volkswagen Project
Job Description: Open Source Senior Developer
Job Title: Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead
Requirement request date: 14th Sep 2020
Embitel is looking for Senior Software Engineer / Tech Lead for our product engineering services for automotive domain. We work in areas like powertrain, Body control, Chassis, Automotive Infotainment, Connected Car, AUTOSAR, Safety standards (ISO26262), ADAS , Vehicle Communication , Vehicle Network and Diagnostics and iOT.
Automotive business unit is focused on design and development of automotive control units and automotive networking & diagnostics solutions. The control units team is working with global tier 1s and OEMs in the area of body control units, seat systems, motor control, EV solutions, telematics systems etc. Networking and diagnostic team is supporting global clients in the area of automotive protocols like CAN, LIN, UDS, J1939, OBD, Ethernet, XCP etc.
‘Change is the only constant’- This is what Automotive industry has been witnessing at this point of time. At Embitel Technologies, you will be part of the exciting journey of building R&D intensive solutions for Infotainment, Car Heads-up Display, Automotive Control Units, ADAS, Telematics, Protocol Stacks and more.
Location : Whitefield, Bangalore
Exp : 6- 12 years
Primary Skills / Qualities:
- C, C++, Python programing language experience.
- Experience in shell scripting, CMake, Makefile.
- Experience in Bitbake (Yocto), Boost.build and script generation tools such as GNU Build System (i.e., autotools) is a plus.
- Experience in “Systems Programming”.
- Experience or knowledge in POSIX APIs and Libraries are a must.
- Knowledge in “Secure Programming Techniques” is a plus.
- Strong understanding of GNU/Linux and its device driver framework.
- Involvement in open source projects in the past is a plus.
- Knowledge in Package management and installers.
- Understanding hardware and processor internals.
- Understanding in ARM Trusted Frameworks, Bootloaders & Virtualization Solutions is a plus.
- Experience in Linux Test Project (LTP) test suites and test automation framework will be given more preference.
- Knowledge on various software licenses and their compatibilities.
- Assist in the maintenance of Linux Foundations packages.
- Take personal ownership of bug fixing and bug triage work across a wide variety of Linux foundations packages
- Development of new features in Linux image building service
- Ability to productive in a globally distributed team through self-discipline and self-motivation, delivering according to a schedule, and to motivate and mentor others to do the same
- Collaborate with other teams in the Linux communities, with upstream projects, and commercially supported customers as necessary
Working with Embitel
- Freedom to challenge norms, make mistakes, learn and grow
- There is no ‘I’ in word ‘Team’ and also no hierarchy at Embitel
- Employees of Embitel are partners of our excellence and growth. And they are at the core of organization’s Mission and Vision
To explore an exciting& progressive Career development at Embitel India: