About the Customer:
Our customer is a leading producer and supplier of the finest perfumes (Eastern and Western) and home fragrances in the Middle East.
The website of the customer faced several technical glitches during promotional activities. It also lacked a streamlined approach for SCM (Source Code Management) and displayed inaccuracies in the usage of SCM & CI/CD tools.
The customer desired to update the existing sales platform and enhance their product portfolio. The primary requirement was to develop an intuitive and user-friendly website with high performance attributes.
Our experienced Magento 2 consultants assisted the customer in the analysis phase and developed a plan to enhance the overall performance of the website.
The ecommerce store received a fresh design and PWA application using Magento 2 Commerce Cloud Edition version 2.3.4.
ScandiPWA, a Magento-first, read-to-use theme, was used for a seamless, fuss-free PWA implementation on Magento 2.
Migration of Customer Details, Catalog (Categories, Products, Attributes) and Sales Orders from the current system was also done.
Key highlights of our solution include:
- Logistics Service Provider (LSP) integration of Labaih, Safe Arrival, Ajeek and SMSA Express.
- Merchant Services Provider (PSP) integration of Payfort, STC Pay, Payfort (Apple Pay).
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 ERP Integration.
- Integrations for Communication – Helpdesk and Chat.
- Majority of users access the website through mobile devices and hence, the business desired a mobile-friendly solution. We suggested using PWA as the Mobile-First approach. Thus, using PWA features like Add to Home Screen, Push Notifications & Offline Access and a Mobile-First UI, the CX was increased manyfold, leading to repeat purchase and high conversion ratio.
- Headless Magento was implemented for faster and highly scalable commerce solution.
- Omni-channel strategy was implemented, allowing retail stores spread across the Middle East to act as fulfillment centers.
- The customer’s website benefitted in multiple ways by leveraging a modern enterprise digital platform.
- The website was able to handle traffic and order surges during promotional events.
- Uniform and consistent Scandi PWA application was set up.
- The website was configured in both English and Arabic languages.
- The online store could be integrated with multiple social media channels, SMS modules and shipping & payment platforms.
- The user experience on the website was enhanced multifold, as navigation was easier and product search/discovery was streamlined.
- The home page, content pages, and product description pages had a clean and modern design, as per the project requirements.
Tools and Technologies:
- Magento Cloud based ecommerce capability
- Scandi PWA for Progressive Web App (PWA) implementation
- Magento Security Scan Tool for monitoring the site security
- Visual Studio Code as code editor