Developing Proof Of Concept For IoT Implementations
IoT PoC Development: Our ‘Secret Sauce’
Our unique approach of developing Proof of Concepts (PoC), will help you get the MAXimum out of your IoT application development at MINimum costs and resources.
We help you in accelerating your IoT journey with efficient PoC development approach that unlocks:
Cost Savings by 10-15%
- We choose and use the software & peripheral components in the PoC phase, which can be re-used during full-fledged implementation of the IoT project.
- This re-use of components will help you to save 10-15% of the overall development cost.
Proof of Value with Proof Of Concept
- Demonstration of results, which is as close to the actual business objective, at a fraction of total development cost.
- A PoC development cost would be around 10-15% of the overall development cost.
Our Proof Of Concept (POC) Model
At Embitel, we engage with our customers under the following two engagement models:
- Model 1: Accelerating Your IoT Journey:
Your legacy automation system is able to send out real-time factory data .In this case, to demonstrate the capabilities of an Industrial IoT solution, we design a PoC to fetch the available data and deliver desired results
Such an IoT PoC Development can be completed in about 4 weeks
Model 2: Kick starting your IoT Journey:
Your existing/legacy Industrial Automation system does not have the capability to send out real-time data & needs the IoT based groundwork to be done from the scratch.
We step in to evaluate your existing industrial setup & then design an IoT based digital transformation roadmap, tailor made for your business needs. This roadmap can be demonstrated by designing an IoT PoC solution.
Such an IoT enablement & PoC development project can be completed in (approx.) 12 weeks
Leverage the benefits of the Proof-of-Concepts (PoC) approach for IoT Implementation
With the PoC approach for IoT implementation, you get to
Asses & review your IoT vendor selection before proceeding for a full-scale IoT implementation
Maximize the chances of successful implementation of your IoT project/ Reduce chances of design or development failure, early-on.
Identify potential challenges in the IoT development process
Steps involved in PoC development:
- Set the Objective and the results to be demonstrated at the end of the PoC (~70-80% of the final business goal).
- Define the PoC Development Environment:
- Choosing the hardware and software module – which might involve a combination of off-the-shelf and custom made modules.
- Designing & Developing the sensor interface
- Designing & Developing the communication interface
- Configuring the cloud server
- Development of mobile or web based interface
- Test and validate the PoC solution & modify the PoC design, if needed
- Demonstrate the results using the PoC setup
PoC Development Customer Success Stories
Related Blogs: Learn more about Proof-of-Concept (PoC) development for IoT Projects
- Demystifying PoC Development Best Practices to Future Proof Your IoT Projects
- How Proof of Concept (PoC) Development Can be the ‘Stepping Stone of Success’ for your IoT projects
- Understanding FOTA in the Times of ‘Connected Cars’
- [Video] Why Proof-of-Concept is Critical for your IoT Success
- Hands-on experience in rapid development of PoC for a wide range of industries including renewable energy, manufacturing & more
- Industry Recognition:
- CMMi dev 1.3v – Level III
- IEI Industry Excellence Award 2015 – Institution of Engineers (India)
- ISO 9001:2015 & ISO 27001:2013 certified Quality management Process
- A strong team that includes IoT veterans, product engineering experts, embedded engineers, testing engineers- who can together make your project design into a feasible solution.