Webinar on Introduction to ISO 26262 for Functional Safety Critical Projects
Embitel has successfully completed the Webinar which is titled: “Introduction to ISO 26262 for Functional Safety Critical Projects” on 16th, May 2013 at 7:30 PM IST.
Modern cars consist of increasing number of electrical and electronic Systems (E/E).The complexity of individual E/E-Systems is increasing. In parallel it is expected that the safety of the cars is also increasing.
Therefore strong emphasis is put on to Functional Safety aspects within the ECU System and Software development. The ISO 26262 addresses the needs for an automotive-specific international Functional Safety Standard for electrical and electronic Systems. The standard is an adaptation of IEC 61508. It is applicable for series production passenger cars (up to 3,500kg max. vehicle mass).
The Webinar focussed on the following key aspects of ISO 26262 Implementation in Functional Safety Critical projects-:
- What are the first steps if ISO 26262 is applicable for my project?
- How is the ASIL Level derived?
- What are the main Life Cycle work products?
- How challenging is a Tool Qualification?
About the Speaker-
Mr.Heininger has over 15 years of industry experience and has worked as a Lead and Project Consultant for Functional Safety projects. His expertise and activities include-:
- Functional Safety Seminars (IEC 61508, ISO26262, RTCA DO 178B)
- Functional Safety Consulting
- Functional Safety on Verification activities
- Consulting on Strategic Technical Project Management