Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer/Tech Lead- Embedded C/C++, RTOS
Role: Software Engineer/Sr. Software Engineer/Tech Lead- embedded C/C++, RTOS
Education: Engineering or Technical degrees preferred (B.E/B.TECH/M.E/M.TECH/MCA/M.Sc)
Experience Required: 8+years
Location: Northville, MI, US
- 8+ years of development experience in skills like Embedded C/C++, RTOS, ISO TP, LIN TP, UDS, OBD II, J1939, ISO9141, KLINE
- Software requirement analysis & design of software components to meet standards, interchangeability, and cost effectiveness.
- Design and develop software products on Automotive Seat/Climate systems for next generation vehicles
- Expert in design of automotive software stacks of ISO TP, LIN TP, UDS, OBD II, J1939, ISO9141, KLINE.
- Design modular & efficient software for automotive electronic control unit for high end microcontroller
- Expert on real time operating system platforms (Keil RTX, VxWorks6.9, MQX3.8, FreeRTOS etc.).
- Design & Development of customized fail-safe secured Bootloader software, Application software, BSW (Hardware/Microcontroller specific) and driver layer for different Electronic Control Unit of different hardware platforms.
- Conduct Design failure mode and effect analysis (DFMEA) for each software module to recognize and evaluate potential systems, products, or process failures
- Conduct static analysis of software (use of tools like Polyspace, Understand tool etc.),
- Manual Module Testing & Unit testing (on various tools like CANTATA, Tessy etc)
- Regression testing and Integration testing to maintain software code as per automotive standard.
- Conduct System & Functional/Validation testing as per U.S. automotive standards and guidelines for the next generation Automotive Seat/Climate systems
- Experience in Vector tools usage (CANoe and CANalyzer), PCAN, Bus Master, Freematics OBD emulator.
- Support prototype builds by providing engineering presence at vehicle assembly plants and product manufacturing plants during prototype production
- Documentation of software requirement, high level design document, low level design document, Integration Test Plan, Functional/Validation Test Plan
- Work on proof of concepts for future projects.