About the Customer:
Our customer is the leading retailer of electronics and home appliances in the Middle East region. Offering more than 12,000 different products through their online and offline stores, the business has marked an exceptional growth rate in the past. They have more than 44 stores across several countries and have catered to 13 million+ shoppers.
The existing ecommerce platform of the customer was a legacy system and suffered from:
- Limited features which could not meet the business goals.
- Performance issues, especially during peak hours.
- A very basic UX and UI for both web and mobile apps which did not appeal to the shoppers.
- Scalability issues in terms of operations, features and performance.
Our customer understood the need of a well-designed and robust Omnichannel Commerce Solution that could help them support future scalability of their operations, performance and business goals.
Their existing Technology Partner was unable to support the migration of the platform and develop a scalable solution. Embitel took up this challenge and delivered the solution successfully.
Following a series of discussions with the customer and their existing Technology Partner, Embitel arrived at the key features of the solution that would achieve their business goals:
- A unified technology platform had to be implemented for the client’s physical Retail Stores, Warehouses and Online Stores.
- The platform, when built on SAP Hybris and supported by other systems, could achieve the project requirements.
- A Responsive Web App and Native Mobile Apps (Android & iOS) were to be deployed as the Storefront.
- Web and Mobile Apps would cater to multiple countries and languages.
- Integration of engaging UX, rich UI and a seamless experience across the Web App and Native Mobile Apps were required.
- There was also a need for complex promotions at both product and order levels, integrated with RETEK.
Highlights of the Implementation:
The implementation of the end-to-end solution was extremely complex, and Embitel was able to effortlessly overcome the associated challenges.
An Offshore Delivery Center (ODC) was set up at the headquarters of Embitel Technologies (in Whitefield, Bangalore).
This development center served as a hub for all activities and personal interactions with the customer’s team as well.
During the project requirement gathering & analysis stage, Embitel was able to gauge the skills required for the implementation and deployed more than 40 ecommerce technology experts to the project accordingly.
The project was executed in Agile’s Scrum Methodology following all the Scrum Ceremonies.
The project was a huge undertaking considering the complexity of the technology solution that had to be implemented, cross functional skills that were required, the data across catalogue and customers, and the challenging delivery timelines.
Due to the Agile model, Embitel was able to continuously learn and adapt to challenges and hurdles throughout the project lifecycle.
The project was successfully delivered within the expected timeframe and the customer is now reaping immense benefits from the new platform.
Tools and Technologies:
- Ecommerce Platform: SAP hybris
- PM Tool: JIRA and Confluence