[Video] All About Motors: The Power & Motion Delivery System for Automotive Applications
In this video blog series on Electric Motors, we kick-start the journey with introduction of the different kinds of Electric Motors.
This video, as the name suggests, is all about Motors deployed in automobiles. We have also traced the evolution of Electric Motor, since their inception in the Automotive Industry.
Ever since, the first electric motor was invented by Michael Faraday in 1821, it has found several applications in various Industries.
Electric Motors also have been an integral part of Automobiles. It may be surprising for many, but the fact is that in 1832, the world has witnessed its first electric car on the road. It also marks the first use of electric motor in automobiles.
Over the period of more than 150 years, motors have evolved to be more robust, smarter and efficient. Their deployment in automobiles has also transcended from simple windshield wipers to more complex systems like ABS and Power Steering.
Key Learning from the video:
- What is an Electric Motor?
- Different types of Electric Motors used in automotive industry?
- Evolution of Electric Motors in automotive industry
- Automotive Use Cases of Electric Motors
Which Target Audience Does this Video Cater to?
The video explains the fundamentals of Electric Motors and is also a prelude to our next video that talks about Motor Control Systems. In that regard, it caters to multiple audiences.
Let’s have a look at the few audience group the video can be a great value-add.
- Automotive engineers who are going to be a part of an Automotive Motor Control System development project.
- Budding automotive engineers keen on learning about different automotive components and the underlying principles.
- Business Managers who work for automotive suppliers, OEMs and embedded engineering service providers in automotive domain
- Automotive enthusiasts who love to explore the way automobiles work.
Watch out this space for the second part of the video. We will discuss the motor control system- the brain behind automotive motors in details.
ASK OUR EXPERTS
Car HUD (Heads-up Display)
Go-to-market in 6 months with our automotive grade hardware and software design
Automotive Control Units
Electronic Control Units (ECU) development services for Body Control Modules (BCM), Powertrain, Chassis and Infotainment
AUTOSAR Software Services
AUTOSAR MCAL development, RTE and BSW integration, Application Layer development, Tools configuration and code generation
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Find out how J1939 stack resolved on-chip memory issue for an Automotive Tier-I supplier
Modular architecture re-design across fleet management product lines - GPS fleet security, vehicle and trailer tracking
Design and development – Sensor Networks, Custom IoT gateway, Cloud and Mobile App