[Vlog] How SAE J1939 Protocol Powers -Vehicle Communication & Diagnostics in Commercial Vehicles
Commercial Vehicles and Passenger vehicles are different in many aspects and vehicle diagnostics is one of them. There are complex processes at play and a higher degree of standardization is required in commercial vehicles. The reason is that they might use various implements from different manufactures.
This Video Blog on SAE J1939 Sheds Some Light on the Following Important Aspects:
- An Introduction to SAE J1939 Protocol
- Need for J1939 Protocol ( even when CAN protocol already existed)
- Key Characteristics of SAE J1939 Protocol
- Layered Architecture of SAE J1939
- PGN, SPN and Diagnostic Trouble Codes
This short introductory video on SAE J1939 will help you develop understanding of both the in-vehicle communication and diagnostics aspects.
We have also tried to explain the concepts with the help of real-world examples. Automotive professionals, business managers and even decision makers will find this video quite helpful. You can also read our detailed blog on SAE J1939 here.