[Vlog] What are the Top IoT Trends that will Redefine Industry 4.0 Operations in 2020?
Industrial operations have witnessed a significant shift in paradigm in the recent years. This can be attributed to the adoption of technologies powered by the Internet of Things (IoT).
Some of the trends that are expected to dominate manufacturing activities in 2020 are highlighted in this video.
Our Expertise in IoT Gateway Development Services for Industry 4.0: https://www.embitel.com/iot-gateway-device-development-services
Detailed Blog on 2020 IoT trends in Industry 4.0 – https://www.embitel.com/blog/embedded-blog/the-2020-iot-trends-that-will-disrupt-industry-4-0
What to Expect in this Video
The video lists the advantages of these emerging Industrial IoT trends that simply cannot be overlooked:
- Combination of Industrial IoT (IIoT) and Artificial Intelligence (AI)
Businesses that have incorporated Artificial Intelligence solutions into their value chain activities have reaped exceptional value in the past. Overall, industrial automation solutions powered by AI have been able to provide:
- Improved efficiency in operations
- Enhanced customer experience
This was realised by the capabilities of AI systems that operate at the ‘edge’ (in proximity to the industrial equipment) and in cloud servers.
This trend is expected to continue through 2020, as more organisations have come to realise the multi-faceted benefits AI offers.
- Introduction of Collaborative Robots (Cobots)
Human and robot collaboration on the industry work-floor has been made possible through the increased use of cobots.
Cobots have been able to provide the following benefits in industrial operations:
- The integrated sensors in these robots make the automation of intricate assembly tasks easy and affordable.
- These robots are also equipped with the ability to detect and reduce their speed on approaching a human co-worker. This has enabled humans and cobots to share the same workspace without any significant safety hazards.
In 2020 and the years beyond, cobots will make the work of humans less strenuous. Modern robotic systems can effectively support humans and improve the overall productivity of the plant.
- Adoption of 5G Networking
The deployment of 5G networks in industries will transform the functioning of plants through increased network coverage and faster data transfer.
Some of the added advantages of using 5G networking in industries are as follows:
- 5G networking provides high reliability and low latency that is crucial for critical applications.
- High bandwidth and connection density ensure that there is no disruption in connectivity.
- Mobile 5G technology makes it easier for factory floor layout alterations and reconfigurations.
- Emergence of Augmented Reality (AR)
AR technology provides the user the ability to experience an augmented world through the overlay of virtual information in the real world. A technician fitted with an AR device can, hence, receive real-time data or statistics for more efficient performance.
Augmented reality devices can also assist in industrial learning and training.
The overall handling and operation time in a plant are optimised through the use of AR devices.
In this video, we explain the highlights of each of the aforementioned trends. We look forward to seeing your comments on the video and the insights it offers.
Click on the subscribe button to get notified of our upcoming video releases!
ASK OUR EXPERTS
Car HUD (Heads-up Display)
Go-to-market in 6 months with our automotive grade hardware and software design
Automotive Control Units
Electronic Control Units (ECU) development services for Body Control Modules (BCM), Powertrain, Chassis and Infotainment
AUTOSAR Software Services
AUTOSAR MCAL development, RTE and BSW integration, Application Layer development, Tools configuration and code generation
CUSTOMER SUCCESS STORIES
Find out how J1939 stack resolved on-chip memory issue for an Automotive Tier-I supplier
Modular architecture re-design across fleet management product lines - GPS fleet security, vehicle and trailer tracking
Design and development – Sensor Networks, Custom IoT gateway, Cloud and Mobile App